Enhanced living can be an ideal choice for seniors seeking convenience, less responsibility, and increased social opportunities. Unfortunately, it’s not the right fit for every older adult.
Learn the ins and outs of enhanced living in this blog from Golden Bell to help determine if it’s the right retirement choice for you.
Understanding the ins and outs of enhanced living
Enhanced living is a senior living community for residents of varying activity levels who may or may not need assistance on occasion. Living options may include apartments, cottages, condominiums, or single-family homes. Enhanced living residents enjoy senior-friendly surroundings in a community where they can thrive and socialize with peers.
Knowing what enhanced living does and doesn’t provide will help you make an informed decision on whether it is the correct living style to meet your needs and interests.
Consider your current living situation and level of assistance. Will enhanced living ensure a higher quality of life, increasing independence and a sense of purpose and belonging?
What enhanced living provides
Enhanced living can be described as a blend of independent and supported living. You may live a largely independent lifestyle but may need extra assistance with specific tasks occasionally — and find comfort in knowing help is available.
- Peace of mind – Enhanced living means you and your loved ones will experience peace of mind knowing that supportive care is available if needed.
- Housekeeping and linen services – Your monthly fee includes regular housekeeping and linen services, so you don’t have to do your laundry or clean unless you prefer to do so.
- Hotel-style dining – Residents enjoy three chef-prepared meals a day, along with snacks and beverages.
- Full schedule of activities – A dedicated team plans and leads a robust schedule of various activities, fitness classes, and special events to meet the interests of the residents. You’ll have numerous opportunities to learn something new, make connections, and stay active and engaged.
- On-site salon – An on-site beauty and barber shop makes getting your hair cut or styled easy. Of course, you can always continue using your established stylist if that’s what you prefer.
- Standard safety features – Ranch-style residences and community rooms often feature grab bars, motion-activated lighting, emergency pull cords, wide doorways, spacious rooms, and handrails to keep residents safe and secure.
- Courtesy transportation services – You may continue to drive your car to run errands and get to appointments — or you can take advantage of the courtesy transportation services offered by your enhanced living community.
- Assistance with daily activities – Some enhanced living communities provide – at the resident’s option – ongoing assistance with daily activities of living, including medication, bathing, eating, dressing, or toileting.
What enhanced living doesn’t provide
- Specialized programming for Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia – Enhanced living doesn’t feature the kind of secure environment that older adults living with cognitive challenges need to remain safe.
- 24/7 care for chronic health conditions – Enhanced living doesn’t offer 24/7 nursing care to monitor and care for seniors living with chronic health conditions.
- Discover enhanced living in beautiful South Florida
Enhanced living residents of Independence Hall in Wilton Manors, Florida, relish the comforts of home plus the additional support and assistance they need to enjoy an active, independent lifestyle.
Enhanced living at Independence Hall includes a comprehensive activities program, hotel-style dining (with optional room service), and expansive apartment suites. View floor plans, photos, a location map, and more on our webpage.
Life at Golden Bell Senior Living
Senior living communities provide the comforts of home with the added benefits of supportive care, engaging activities, and a maintenance-free lifestyle. With your daily needs met, your loved one will live more independently and have opportunities to meet friends, discover new interests, and live each day to the fullest.
Golden Bell Senior Living offers a continuum of care that includes independent living, assisted living, and respite care. Residents have personalized care plans, are treated like family, and are greeted by name in a warm, welcoming environment.
Amenities and activities include:
- Beautiful accommodations
- Landscaped grounds and gardens
- Community outings
- Recreation and social activities
- Chef-prepared meals
- Scheduled transportation
- Beauty and barber shop
- Housekeeping and maintenance services
Please contact us to learn more about our communities or set up a tour. We’d love to hear from you and are happy to help answer any questions you have about senior living. For more information about choosing senior living, download our complimentary Family Decision Toolkit.